IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
Described by its official website as “the high-stake English test for study, migration or work”, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is one of the world’s most popular English language proficiency tests for higher education and global migration. It is accepted by over 10,000 organizations worldwide, including schools, universities, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies.
UPI Language Center holds the IELTS test in its premises in cooperation with IDP Education and in conjunction with other programs such as the pre-departure program of LPDP Scholarship, its own IELTS Preparation Course, etc. Testing at UPI Language Center’s premises is held when a minimum quota of 15 test takers is met.
Please download our brochure here.
ITP TOEFL (Institutional Testing Program)
The TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series offers colleges and universities, English-language programs and other organizations the opportunity to administer a convenient, affordable and reliable assessment of English-language skills. The TOEFL ITP Level 1 and Level 2 tests can be used for placement, monitoring progress, evaluation, exit testing and other situations. By using the TOEFL ITP tests, you can keep your students on track and have confidence in their real-world abilities.
When you use the TOEFL ITP tests, you’ll assess your students’ proficiency level in three different skills – reading comprehension, listening comprehension, and structure and written expression. You’ll be able to pinpoint the areas in which they need help so you can tailor your teaching to meet those needs. Knowing your students’ English-skill levels better today gives them the best chance for success tomorrow. When you use the TOEFL ITP assessments, you put the power of the TOEFL® test to work in your program. The TOEFL ITP assessments share the same rich heritage as the TOEFL test – the world’s most widely accepted and respected English language assessment.
The TOEFL ITP and TOEFL iBT® tests are used for separate purposes and administered differently. The TOEFL iBT test is a high-stakes assessment administered by ETS. Institutions use TOEFL iBT test scores to make high-stakes decisions, such as university-level student admissions. TOEFL ITP tests are administered by institutions or our ETS preferred network and used for specific purposes including placement, monitoring progress and more.
More information about TOEFL ITP can be obtained at ETS official website: https://www.ets.org/toefl_itp/about
Please download our brochure here.
PTESOL (Proficiency Test of English to Speakers of Other Languages)
PTESOL is a computer-based test instrument used to evaluate the English proficiency of non-native speakers in academic contexts. Three language skills and knowledge areas are tested in this test, namely:
- Listening skills: This part measures the test taker’s ability to understand English speech used in academic setting, such as academic discussions, class conversations and campus life in general.
- Structure and grammar: This part measures the test taker’s ability to understand and determine accurate use of grammar and structure in standard written English.
- Reading skills: This part measures the test taker’s ability to read and understand English texts and vocabulary contextually in the text provided.
PTESOL certificate can be (and has been) used for different purposes, such as:
- Placement test for participants of an English language training program in UPI Language Center;
- To monitor the progress of participants taking part in an English language training program in UPI Language Center (progress test);
- Exiting test for students of all levels (bachelor, master’s, and doctoral) of UPI.
- Selection test requirement for applicants of civil service.
- Further study admission requirement.
UPI Language Center offers PTESOL testing service to all members of UPI academic staff and the general public. PTESOL testing can be conducted at UPI Language Center’s test laboratory (CBT mode) or, upon request, on site at the premises of a collaborating school or institution (paper-and pencil mode).
Please download our brochure here.
ECCA (English Communicative Competent Assessment)
English Communicative Competence Assessment (ECCA) is a pencil-and-paper based test used to evaluate a non-native speaker’s English proficiency in working and daily communication contexts. The multiple choice test measures two aspects of language skills, namely:
- Listening skills: This part measures the test taker’s ability to understand spoken English used in working and daily contexts, such as conversations between/among colleagues and monologues in a working environment or daily activities.
- Reading skills: This part measures the test taker’s ability to read and understand passages and texts in English, such as announcement, short news, emails, and understand the structure and vocabulary of standard written English in working and daily communication contexts.
ECCA certificate can be used for different purposes, such as:
- To monitor the test taker’s learning progress (progress test)
- To provide information about Vocational High School’s students proficiency (exiting test)
- To prepare for entering into the work market (selection test)
- To complete requirements for further studies through scholarship (admission test).
UPI Language Center offers ECCA testing service to all members of UPI academic staff and the general public. ECCA has currently been used by participants of TOEIC Preparation Course and lecturers preparing to apply for a scholarship. ECCA testing can be conducted at UPI Language Center or, upon request, on site at the premises of a collaborating school or institution (paper-and-pencil mode).
TOEP (Test of English Proficiency)
TOEP (Test of English Proficiency) is a multimedia, internet-based English proficiency test. The test measures the participant’s English proficiency indicated by the test score of between O (a non user) to 100 (a highly proficient user of English). TOEP accurately measures the level of English proficiency, particularly that of receptive skills of listening and reading. Productive skills test service (speaking and writing) is available upon request.
The TOEP test package consists of two parts:
- Listening (50 items) is given to measure the participant’s skills in understanding spoken texts of various topics in academic and social life.
- Reading (50 items) is given to measure the participant’s skills in understanding written texts of various topics in academic and social life.
The overall duration of the test is between 105 -110 minutes, with 45 -50 allocated for the Listening part and 60 minutes for the Reading part.
More information about TOEP can be obtained at PLTI official website: https://plti.co.id
TPDA (Tes Potensi Akademis – Test of Basic Academic Potential)
TPDA (Tes Potensi Dasar Akademik), previously known as TKDA (Tes Kemampuan Dasar Akademik) is a test that measures an individual’s cognitive abilities needed to complete his/her and thrive in college or university studies. The 160 item test consists of Verbal, Numerical, and Figural parts given in 8 sub-tests. The Verbal part consists of Analogy, Logical Reasoning, and Analytical Reasoning. The Numerical Part consists of Arithmetic, Number Series, and Word Problem. The Figural Part consists of Figure Analysis and Synthesis and Spatial Reasoning. Score is reported in CEEB standard in the range of 200-800.
TPDA is the fist large-scale, computer-based cognitive ability test in Indonesia. To date, more that 50,000 people have taken this test. Developed with the newest standard of test development and usage of the American Educational Research Association (AERA), American Psychological Association (APA), and National Committee on Me assurement in Education (N CME ) and continuously researched and developed by a solid psychometric team, TPDA is currently is used as an authorized test for lecturer certification program (serdos) by the Ministry of Research and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia.
More information about TPDA can be obtained at PLTI official website: https://plti.co.id